Certificate of Professional Practice – Early Literacy & Reading Comprehension
|Certificate of Professional Practice – Early
Literacy & Reading Comprehension
(Accredited by London Teacher Training College, U.K.)
The course will build on fundamentals learnt in the previous Module (Phonics) which had suggested new ideas and know-how in teaching basic and introductory Phonics lessons in a fun and more effective ways. It will provide a bigger repertoire of games, problem-solving exercises, and small or large group activities to stimulate children’s interests. The module mainly focuses on the concept of guiding teachers on the generation of ideas to complement well-designed lessons so that their children will easily pick up reading comprehension and literacy concepts. The emphasis will be on reading comprehension – its challenges and ways to overcome these with different types of learners, particularly in the Lower and Upper Primary levels. Teachers will be guided so they too can provide achievable results based on their classroom objectives.
To develop the participants’ knowledge, understanding, skills & ability to develop lesson plans in Early Literacy & Reading Comprehension in early childhood, Pre-school and Primary education emphasising on adaptation of Phonics concepts and the necessary modifications needed to cater for different age groups.
- teach, supervise and guide pre-schoolers, lower primary and upper primary levels
- use effective children enrichment strategies that instill learners’ desire to learn.
- develop lessons that teaches children to have resilient spirit preparing them for life challenges.
- Syntax & Semantics in Phonics Teaching Syllables and Syllabication Process
- Teaching Reading Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension – Problems & Solutions
- Phonics & Comprehension Teaching Techniques
8 weeks on a part-time study for 4 hours per session. Sessions include classroom discussions/participation, hands-on training activities and peer teaching practice.
- Classroom and Online Forum Participation
- Lesson Planning
- Peer Teaching
- Written Theory Examination
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School