Certificate of Professional Practice – Music & Movement
|Certificate of Professional Practice – Music and Movement
(Accredited by London Teacher Training College, U.K.)
This course provides direct movement & music experiences, lectures, and readings. The concepts, games and methods introduced can also be used as effective educational tools in teaching Science, Mathematics, English, History, Art and other subjects. Participants will be able to teach songs, rhythm patterns, rhythmic poetry and movement explorations to children. Young students will also understand the use of time, shape and energy as teachers apply the creative movement they learned and experienced during the course.
Learn the conceptual framework of music and movement and create innovative plans that integrate into classroom curriculum.
- understand the vital and necessary elements of music and movement
- be exposed to various forms of music, movement, rhythm and dance
- learn how to teach creative movement, coordination and muscle control to children
- integrate concepts of music and movement into other disciplines from elementary to secondary levels.
- Benefits of Music and Movement
- Music & Movement as Curriculum Connectors
- Music & Rhythm
- Introduction to World Dances
- Educational Gym
- Cooperative Activities
- Safe Dance Practices
- Brain Dance
8 weeks on a part-time study for 4 hours per session. Sessions include classroom discussions/participation, hands-on training activities and peer teaching practice.
- Classroom and Online Forum Participation
- Lesson Planning
- Peer Teaching
- Written Theory Examination
- Minimum 3 “O” levels with credit in English
- Any other recognised Certification, Diploma or Degree
- Mature candidates by interview and approval from the School