Union Training Assistance Programme (UTAP)
G I G Courses under UTAP Funding:
- Cambridge International Certificate for Teaching and Learning (CICTL)
- Certificate of Professional Practice – Teaching Creative Writing
- Certificate of Professional Practice – Teaching Phonics
- Certificate of Professional Practice – Public Speaking
- Certificate of Professional Practice – Teaching Speech Development and Creative Drama
What is UTAP?
UTAP is a training benefit for NTUC members to defray their cost of training. This benefit is to encourage more union members to go for skills upgrading. NTUC members enjoy 50% unfunded course fee support for up to $250 each year when you sign up for courses supported under UTAP. This excludes miscellaneous fees such as GST and registration fee etc.
Members Eligibility for UTAP Application
Please note that members are required to fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for UTAP reimbursement:
- Paid-up union membership before course commencement, throughout whole course duration and at the point of claim
- Course by training provider must be supported under UTAP, and training must commence within the supported period
- Course must not be funded through company sponsorship or other types of funding
- Unfunded course fee must be S$20.00 and above
- Member must achieve a minimum of 75% attendance for each application and sat for all prescribed examination(s), if any
- UTAP application must be submitted within 6 months after course completion
*Find out more HERE!